Students and Young Alumni for Scholarships
Help make the NYU dream possible for incoming students on #GivingTuesday!
On November 29th the 1831 Fund and Stern Legacy will join forces with the Young Alumni Leadership Circle (YALC) to host #GivingTuesday at NYU, a nationwide day of giving.
Our goal is to gain 200 donors to the 1831 Fund and Stern Legacy in just 24 hours – and we can’t do it without you!
What is the 1831 Fund? Stern Legacy?
- The 1831 Fund and Stern Legacy are student-run organization that raise money for scholarships. Scholarships are awarded to freshmen and transfer students, including international and undocumented students.
- 100% of all donations to the Fund and Legacy go directly to financial aid for students at your school of choice.
Why should I participate?
Somewhere there is a high school senior thinking about what it would be like to graduate from NYU. You can help make the NYU dream possible for incoming students by making a gift today! It's all about your participation. So whether you donate $18.31, $50 or $100, the sum of our gifts can make a collective difference in the lives of future students.
I’m sold! How can I participate?
For undergraduate students, participating is easy:
- Make a gift here or via Venmo @TheFund or @SternLegacy2017 – and add your name and net ID in the description.
- Once you make your gift, visit the 1831 Fund table in Kimmel or the Stern Legacy table in Tisch Hall on November 29th between 10am and 5pm to retrieve special thank-yous, sweet treats, and to enter raffles.
- Plus, for students, a gift of $50+ grants you complimentary admission to the December 5th YALC Holiday Party! A gift of $250 qualifies you for the Young Alumni Leadership Circle.
- Like 1831 Fund and Stern Legacy on Facebook!
- Encourage your friends to participate.
I’m an alum – how can I participate?
Alumni can support the 1831 Fund or Stern Legacy by making a gift by clicking the GIVE NOW button to the right!